Transformations

Two and a half years ago I really had a wake-up call that I needed to prioritize my health. We were at Disney Land and I was having a hard time walking all day, needing to stop, getting tired and eating all the unhealthy foods Disney had to offer. I had already been “dieting” for 3 months before our trip and I was still weighing in at a solid 197 lbs at 5 foot 6 inches tall that was the heaviest I have been. Pregnant with C I topped in at 207 on delivery day, but pregnancy weight is a bit more forgiving.

The problem with my diet, it was restrictive, I was also kidding myself. We’d go get salads from a local burger joint down the street from work every single day, but what I wouldn’t tell anyone was that I was skimming all the guys fries on my way back to work with my salad. So I’d be like “I eat salad every day! Why can’t I lose weight?” Talk about lying to yourself. We’ve all been there though, sneaking treats and pretending if no one sees you eat it, the calories don’t exist. Just me? oh, ok.

My work outs? Non-existant. I’d go for short walks some days but wasn’t consistent.  Getting on a consistent work out routine was the most important for me, the diet followed. I did participate in the Beachbody 21 day fix work outs and meal plans and in that first 3 weeks I lost over 17 lbs, it was the biggest drop I had in the shortest period of time, but I was rigid with the work outs and the meal plans. I went on for a second round and lost another 10 lbs. Six weeks and I was down 27 lbs. I let up, slowed down, but stuck with the meals and the work outs.

I’ve kept up on slowly chipping away at the final pounds over the next 2 years and am finally at a comfortable weight for my size and body type. I work out consistently a few times a week and eat healthy 80/20. Instead of restrictive diets and secret french fries, I’m all about moderation and living life to the fullest, even if that means a small dish of ice cream after a long day!

1. Claire - StartACraftBlog

June 3, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Well done! That’s an incredible transformation. I hope you’re really proud because you definitely should be. Restrictive diets rarely work, I’ve been a yoyo dieter most of my life and I can attest that they’re the worst!

2. Lynn

June 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Love it! I am starting my own health journey! Keep it up.

3. Heather LeGuilloux

June 3, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Our health (and fitness) is so important.. it can be tough to keep up with it all. Keep up the great work!

4. Sahar

June 3, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Woah, well done! You look great — how do you feel?

5. Celia

June 4, 2017 at 12:43 am

This is great! Congratulations on your progress. I recently had my own “Okay. but really you should start taking care of your body” experience and I actually just started the 21 day fix too! It’s great to see how much those changes (just eating a better and 30 minutes exercise a day) can improve your health!

6. Danielle Fairhurst

June 4, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations! Really happy for the big difference you’ve made, keep up the good work!

7. Thena

June 5, 2017 at 3:00 am

You were beautiful before, of course! šŸ™‚ and you look great now! Good job!

8. kate from thatslifeactually

June 5, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Well Done!!! Love your raw and honest blog entry. I’m a secret eater… I’ve been struggling for about 2 months to drop my “hybernation weight” and can honestly say that I have not been consistant and restricted myself too much only leading to binging the ice cream right out of the half gallon before bed, and skimming fries off my kids food, or finishing their burgers… UGH it’s a struggle! I know I’m doing it… I just need to get ahold of myself! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Comments are closed.